Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Funny Finish

This is such a funny story. So for ever I have seen that Scrapbookers all over the place cover tins, boxes, & totes with colorful paper and ribbons to decorate them and make them look like what they aren't. I have loved this idea! Especially because you can make your whole set up match! So I started with my new fabric flower case that is really a Sharpie Mini's store display tub. I started with the cap because, where it is positioned on my desk you can't see the sides, only the cap. Well I cut out a circle in dark brown paper and glued it down. Then realised I still needed to finish a few other things about the house. So I put it down, forgot about it. That was closer to three months ago. ^.^ I have looked at it day after day and thought to my self, "I really need to finish that." But then got caught up doing something else. I can't believe how long it has taken me to get it done. Its just a little 3 inch circle, sitting there starring at me, and I never took care of it. Well, today I am proud to say that I have finished the cap! It turned out super cute! I still haven't done the sides to finish covering up the label but to be honest I don't think that I ever will, just because you really can't see them from where the tub sits. But I might.

No comments: