Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hard at Play

As you well know I have been whipping my Scrapbooking Corner into shape, reorganizing and finding new and better ways to store all of my wonderful products. In doing so I have noticed that my space really isn't all that inspiring. What I mean by that is there is no real color or fun things that force me to be creative! So I have been working harder and harder to make my space one that inspires me to create the best pages and cards that I can! So far it is working beautifully. I started off with finishing a project I started a while ago but never finished. I decorated the cover to my Alphabet Punches binder and meant to do the side of it but that didn't happen. I'm not really sure why is didn't happen, it just didn't. =( I did however finish it! Even if it did take me about 3 months to do it!

I quickly moved on to a fun project that I could really sink my teeth into! I have a large photo box that I picked up for 2$ at JoAnn's about 2 years ago. I thought that it would be perfect for my photos and really keep them in order. I was wrong. I didn't even think about how I would keep them in order or in groups that were easy to reach for and scrapbook. It turned out to be just a cute box that didn't help at all. I did eventually make dividers for them but they were just an ugly yellow color and didn't have any personality to them, nor did they have labels. I remember thinking to myself, "They don't have to be fancy no one but me is going to see them." Little did I know that I am the most imortant person that needs to be pleased in my area! Well, needless to say I have learned that very important lesson and have since created new and fun tabbed dividers for my photos! They are decorated and have oversized lables on them! Just opening the photo box I get inspired to create! How wonderful is that!


Feeling so excited about my photo dividers I decided to help my poor stickers get organized. They have always been in the bottom drawer of my Pink Tote and much like my pictures they have really never had any organization. I felt that I could either look through all of them to find the perfect one or I just didn't need to use stickers on my layout or card. Bad idea right! Well I have made that big step to keep things as organized as I can get them and this was part of that! =) They aren't decorated, they are actually very plain, but I have a feeling that that will probably change within the near future! =)


The last that I have to show is probably the item I am most excited about! I saw this idea in the 2007 edition "The Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker" book by Simple Scrapbooks. Its a Get Out of Rut Jar!!! Great idea right!!! You write down inspiring ideas and put them in a container and then when you find that you're stuck you can just reach into your Rut Jar and try again! I can't believe that this hasn't always been a part of my Scrapbooking Corner! =)



That's all for now but I still have a lot of fun planned for my Scrap Space so be sure to check back! If you have fun and inspiring things in your area please share a link to them! I also love to see what inspires all of you!

No comments: