Monday, April 9, 2012

Inspiration Monday

Welcome to another Inspiration Monday!
For today's challenge I have decided to stop by Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and get in on the fun of a PHOTO Inspiration challenge. Their photo this week is amazing! Extremely spring!
Isn't that just beautiful!!! I picked out the two things that spoke to me most from their to, the fact that its a flower and the colors, the yellow and hints of purple! So those are what the main events are on my card! I also tried out a new technique. (Which I will be explaining a bit later on.)
I love how the colors compliment each other and really make it dazzle! I wanted to keep it simple, so I knew that the colors really had to make up for it all! So the new technique that I tried out was the main event!
First I dug into my stash of Cricut Cartridges and pulled out my Cindy Lou, I picked out one of the doily's and cut it out of a scrap piece of paper. Then I layered the cut doily over the white piece of paper and pulled out two ink pads. I lightly brushed the purple and yellow ink pads over the doily, once it was all covered in ink I peeled up the doily and was left with this beautiful piece of art! I love the grunge but sweet look that it has left! Then I inked the edges of the white paper and considered it done. I layered it with yellow paper and topped it off with a purple decorative strip. I chose the quote Warm Wishes because it seemed like the right fit! Then to add that extra spot of glamour I added 3 rhinestones!
On the inside I stamped the message "A lifetime of Wedding Wishes for you." And that there is my card!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderfully crafty day!
~Virginia E.

6 comments:

Doreen said...

gorgeous card - looks so great. And the colours are perfect
Many thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week
Hugs
Doreen

Suzanne said...

nice card thank you for joining us at stamptacular this week

Ann Marie Governale said...

What a beautiful card. I love how you used the cricut cart, Cindy Lou. The colors are just perfect! Thanks for playing with us at Stamptacular Sundays challenge. xxx Ann Marie

Margaret said...

Oh, I like this technique. Gotta try it. Love how your card turned out.

Sprytebyrd said...

Lovely card! I really like that technique!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Bettina L. said...

Spectacular card. Love all the details and how you have blended the colours together on that gorgeous flower design on the front. It is beautiful. Loving how you've stamped the sentiment on to the yellow flowered background on the inside as well. Thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back sunday for another challenge. Bettina xx