Saturday, March 10, 2012

Another DI Trip

Hello all! I'm back to share with all of you what I have come across this weekend while at my local DI. (Deseret Industries) When ever you make a trip to a thrift store you know that you go only for the hunt, sometimes you walk away with something amazing and sometimes you don't. I got lucky this weekend and found a ton of Making Memories items! (This is the brand that I find the most while at my local DI, there must be a dealer in the area that drops off their out of season stock for cheap people like me to enjoy.) I found at least three dozen chipboard tags, some colored and some naked. I have found the tabs before but only just the rectangle and only naked. This time I came across the rectangle tags that have been color treated in light soft colors. I also found some naked circle tags. I have these metal tag rings that are meant for paper but these chipboard tags fit perfectly! They sure do look amazing as well!

I also found a Stampin Up Stamp set that had never been put together, never been mounted, never been used! Can you believe how lucky that is! This set if called Beautiful Boarders. I'm excited to use them and work out a few card layouts with them!

As most of you know, I have an amazing collection of decorative scissors so finding new ones that I don't have is actually pretty hard but I did find one that I don't have, its a fun wave design with little peeks and teeth.
I also found these amazing little chipboard alphabet squares in red and blue! I have always wanted to try these out but never been able to afford them, this is just another reason that I love thrift stores! I find that most of my beloved scrapbooking items have come from the DI, Dollar Store, or have been overflow from friends and family stashes! I am very blessed to be able to do what I love with the budget that I have!
Also, in a small box there was a bunch of metal letters, but only two different letters, a B and a D in lower case. Normally I don't go for things like this but I have a Doug and a Brydda in my life and I just had to have them!
Over all it was a pretty amazing pick!
That's right! All of this fabulous stuff for the low low low price of only 7.50$ the only other way you could get these kind of prices is if you hit a store on its very last day of going out of business and got everything 85% off!!!!! The stamp set alone only cost me a dollar.
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderfully Crafty Day!
~Virginia E.

No comments: