Thursday, February 9, 2012

New Card #2

Ok, so here is another new card that I have been working on. This one is a Valentines day card for one of my Husbands work buddies who we are very fond of. It really wouldn't be the same if she left, so we want to make sure that she knows how much we appreciate her. Let show you the card and then go from there.
For this card I used a Cherry Cobbler base, Wild Asparagus from My Minds Eye, rustic brads, a misc. piece of pink water color style stripped paper, and a cute 3 heart stamp.
I love the way this card came together and I can't wait to give it to her! I love the rustic feel of the card, the way it flows is very easy and gentle on the eyes which is really what you want for a Valentines day card. I used just a plain light pink colored pencil to fill in bits and pieces of the stamp to help make it stand out a little bit more, it also helped match the striped paper with the card a bit better as well.


This is just one of the posts that the photo says it all, so until next time, have a wonderfully crafty day!
~Virginia E.

No comments: