Thursday, February 9, 2012

New Card #1

This is just a post to show you the fun new Cards that I have been working on for the past few days.
The first one that I have to show you is a window card, its actually my very first official try at doing a window card and I am very excited with the way that it has turned out. Let me go a head and show it off then I will talk about how the card came to be and what products I used to create it.
Just beautifully romantic isn't it! =)
About a week or so ago my wonderful Sister-in-Law decided to go through her scrapbooking stuff and decided to downsize, I know, I know, downsize is such an ugly word but we must all do it from time to time. (Like today, I am going to downsize my scraps pile, I do not know why I keep everything!) Well, anyway, she went through all of her stuff and offered it to me, I was over joyed! I have been on a paper craft diet due to the car wreck and trying to get things back in order. So this was a very exciting day! I went over to her house and she had a nice little box stuffed full of Die-Cuts, Stickers, Tags, Embellishments, Rub-Ons, and all sorts of awesome nick-naks! I went through it all and loved everything! Hiding at the bottom of the box was a set of Making Memories Window upright cards in sky blue, I decided then and there that it was time to try my hand at making one and this is what I got from it! I love the colors together!
The "remember" Embellishment was another treasure that I found in my box of goodies! But, not only did I get a box of goodies I also got a paper bag filled with paper! All kinds of paper! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it! There were so many different, beautiful, and just plain amazing papers stuffed into this bag! Even Vellum sheets, and embossed sheets in all sorts of colors! It was like Christmas came early!
So for this card, I used one of the Making Memories Upright Window Cards, I ran a length of dark chocolate paper down the center of the card, on top of that I cut a small strip of light pale green polka dot embossed paper and tied a single strip of chocolate ribbon around it. I chose to knot the ribbon instead of making a bow and I must say that the decision really helped make the card. Then I trimmed the corners off the right side of the Remember embellishment and attached it. I pulled out my 1$ Soul Mate stamp set from G*Studio and used the small flourish stamp to help draw attention to the window and balance out the card, I also inked the edges of the card in a dirty brown. The lime green loose insert came with the card, I rounded the right corners of it, inked the edges with the same dirty brown that I used one the outside of the card. Tamped the love birds & Soul Mate sentiment from the Soul Mates G*Studio stamp set.
I love the way this card turned out and I really can't wait to make another Window Card!
I will need to pick up some supplies before then though, such as a 1 1/2 Circle Punch, a 1 inch square punch, and a corner rounder that way I don't have to keep using my cloud scissors which makes the corners come out a little misshaped.


Well, until next time have a great and wonderfully crafty day!
~Virginia E.

No comments: