Thursday, September 1, 2011

Within Reach

So, a while back I entered two of my cards into a design team audition over at Stamptacular Sunday Challege. (*For those of you that don't know what a Design Team member does here is a rough draft. The design team member participates in every weekly challenge as an inspiration to all of those that are trying out the challenge. You also do a few other things but to be honest that all depends on the blog. Some ask you to do a lot and other ask you to very little.*)She was looking for a new set of inspiring Design Team members. The first card I entered into it was the Christmas card that had recently won the first pick from the Top 3 for the week of August 7th. The challenge was a photo inspired challenge and I really felt inspired by the design teams creations so I absolutely had to join in.

I also sent in a picture of the very beautiful Mother's Day card I made for my Mother-in-Law. Which was a yellow and purple flourish bird card. I sent in two cards that had little embellishments and lots of stamps and inking techniques. (They do call it STAMPtacular for a reason.)

I have waited two long weeks to find out if I was one of the very lucky few that did get in for the new Design Team .. .. ..
Sadly though, I was not chosen to be apart of the new Design Team. There is good news though. The reason I wasn't chosen was not because they were not impressed with my work. The way it was described to me by Miss Cill is that due to having so many people submit their lovely works of art she had to call in some help to try and make the decisions a little easier. After several hours of still no luck in narrowing it all down they ended up having everyone select their top 3 and putting the names in a cup and taking turns drawing names. So out of luck the new Design Team for Stamptacular was born. There is absolutly wonderful news though, I have been selected as a Runner Up. Which means that if for any reason, one of the new Design Team members fall short of the duties I get to step up as a full Team Member! I can also try for her monthly guest design team member!

Now, I realise how this can be confussing because I am so happy even through I did not get the position. Well that's because I set a goal and reached it. Although I did not make it as a Design Team member I have confidence that I soon will be a full and active member. =) Miss Cill gets new Design Team members every six months so I will be entering again and again. =) This is all such a big step for me and its in the right direction! This is one huge step closer to being published which is my long term goal!

Thanks a million to Miss Cill and everyone over at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge Blog for this wonderful oppertunity! I loved being able to be apart of this spectacular experience. I also owe a large thank you to my wonderful Husband that pushed me to do this and have trust in my work.

~Virginia E.

http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com/
Be sure to stop by, she loves to see what new comers bring to the table! =) Be sure to have fun and jump in on the new Challenge!

No comments: