Monday, January 23, 2012

Deals to DIe for

Good Evening! I just wanted to post another fun and quick bargain savvy picture filled post!
So as many of you know I live in a place where I have access to the wonderful thrift or second hand store called the DI (Deseret Industries) available to me. I usually walk away with a great find for under 2$. I love going to the DI to shop for new a fun scrapbooking/paper crafting items. I have found several 12x12 Scrapbook albums, and paper stacks. I have found a few decorative scissors, and even die cuts and brads. On this visit, which happened about two weeks ago, I found some amazing items! Even something that I have never seen in person before!
First, lets start with what I normally find a buy, I love decorative scissors! I first became addicted to them when a Friend bought me a set of 7 as a gift for starting into the Scrapbooking world. (I totally love you Becca!) Since then I have been on the hunt for great deals on them, not too many places actually have sales on these scissors. They are pretty cheap to begin with but, you know me, I am all about saving that penny if I can. I have actually only bought one decorative scissor at full price from a Roberts Arts and Crafts. Its call Cloud, essentially its a mid sized scallop cut. Its one of my favorites and I use it all the time. I have even found a smaller one at the DI for .50 Cents! Anyway, on this trip I came across a decorative scissor that I have never ever seen before. I have seen the design several times in any number of boarder punches but never in scissor form! I was so excited that I waisted no time grabbing it and holding it tightly in my hot little hand. I have used it in the last two card challenges.
Super cute huh!!

Well, now on to the really fun stuff! I love chip-board but I am never willing or able to pay what most places want for chip-board so I am always on the look out for these, any shape and design. Naked? Decorated? It doesn't matter to me. I just love the stuff! I came across this awesome little set while looking at a stack of binders. I couldn't believe my eyes! It was perfect!


I don't really care for the Alphabet set, I'm sure it will come in handy somewhere down the line, but I just don't see it right now. I am however very excited about the two sheets of Flourish and odds & ends! I even popped one out and stamped it on today's Inspiration Monday post. I picked this set of over 1,000 pieces up for 1.50$

Next up, who ever goes into a thrift store and doesn't go in search of stamps is kind of crazy in my book! Stamps are crazy expensive! In a thrift store you can pick up a ton for way cheap. One time I got a large tote that was filled with 68 wood mounted stamps, most of which we Stampin Up stamps, for only 5$! It was amazing! This find wasn't that good but it was a nice find. Normally I stay away from the foam only mounted stamps but the quotes on these were just too much to let go! And for a dollar I still feel that it was worth it.

Last but not least is something that I have actually never seen. These are fabric pockets from Making Memories, they have their own adhesive and are ready to go on any project. I picked them up for a dollar! I have seen paper ones used all the time in craft projects but never these fabric ones! I'm so excited to make a western themed page with a few of them for a frequent Customer! Go ACES WILD!!
I love going to the DI, you never know what you are going to walk away with! I have found so many wonderful and amazing things there!
Thanks for stopping by!
~Virginia E.

No comments: